For “ACHT Frankfurt, Visual Catering” I was working on the press conference for Audi on the Geneva Motor Show 2013. A quite interesting project where we tried to build an “interactive” animation that reacts to the movement of dancers in front of the LED. I signed responsible for the middle part, a more darker strong world made out of black and red piece.
Watch the full conference here: AUDI Genf 2013 Press Conference
I’m working on a title sequence right now, which involves a lot of 3D tracking, and therefore using TheFoundry Cameratracker quite a lot currently. Unfortunately there is a known bug using the plugin with AfterEffects CS6 – they are working on fixing it right now: Normally you are able to see your tracking results as a PointCloud in 3D space, after enabling “Toggle 2D/3D”, but unfortunately that feature doesn’t work for some people. When using a CustomView-Camera to actually analyse that PointCloud, it doesn’t show anything. I contacted TheFoundry and they got back to me with a workaround which actually solves the problem using an older version of the plugin - thought I’d share it, since I didn’t find it anywhere else on the net. Thanks Ravi from TheFoundry for the quick support:
By using the previous version of CameraTracker with CS6 you might be able to make the PointCloud work. Follow the steps to get CameraTracker 1.0v3 installed on AE CS6:
1) Uninstall CameraTracker completely from your machine.
2) If you have AfterEffects 5.5 installed, Install CameraTracker 1.0v3, which you could download directly from the FTP location below:
3) If you do not have AfterEffects 5.5 installed, please create a folder structure yourself as below:
/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5.5/Plug-ins/
4) Now, Copy the entire CameraTracker directory to the same place, but under the AE CS6 install directory – the install directory for Cameratracker is:
/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5.5/Plug-ins/CameraTracker_1.0_AE/
copy the entire Cameratracker folder over to
/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Plug-ins/CameraTracker_1.0_AE/
5) Launch AE and check if the PointCloud works now.